Lunch-and-Learn Panel Discussion held November 15, 2022, organized by the Director of Writing, Dr. Sean Meehan, and co-sponsored by the Cromwell CTL. We encourage further conversation with any of the participants about ideas, strategies, and questions regarding language diversity in the classroom and on campus. Further reading and resources are linked below.
- Teaching Multilingual Writers: Lessons from World Languages and Cultures [link to Further Reading and Resources]
- Dr. Elena Deanda-Camacho, Associate Professor of Spanish and Director of the Black Studies Minor
- Translingualism: Theory and Practice of Language Diversity in the Writing Center [link to slide presentation]
- Dr. Rachel Rodriguez, Director of the Writing Center
- Ungrading Standard American English [link to Further Reading and Resources]
- Dr. Sean Meehan, Professor of English and Director of Writing
Respondent: Katie Claggett, Assistant Director of International Admissions